Writing digital media for small businessDecember 10, 2018
Do you have a consumer complaint?February 26, 2019
Writing successful blogs for your small business
If you are looking for an easy and cost effective way to promote your business, think about writing a business blog. A good blog will drive traffic to your website, increase your sales and establish you as an expert in your industry.
Here are some tips on writing a successful blog:
- Remember who your audience is: You are writing for your customers. Give them the information they need. Ideally you are trying to solve a problem for the customers
- Plan your content: ask yourself what your customers are looking for. Have you had frequently asked questions? Use Google Adwords Keyword Tool to help you find keyword phrases that people are entering in to search engines.
- Make sure your content is valuable. This way customers will come back to your website and refer friends . If writing is not easy for you, outsource your blog to a blog writing service.
- Frequency: you need to be consistent in writing your blog. Work out how much time you can devote to it. Fortnightly or weekly is fine. By updating your blog frequently, you are more likely to go up in search engine rankings.
- Develop your blogging style: let the blog reflect the human face of your business. Give it some personality. Remember that the style is supposed to be informal.
- Word count: A blog post should be around 400 words. Remember that most people will scan web content
- Make your blog shareable: links are vital on the internet. You want people to share your information. Use share icons-these are social networking icons that make it easy for people to share your post.